An ear thermometer can help better determine when
medical attention is needed when you suspect illness,
when you are monitoring for a relapse of infection, or
when your chin is recovering from surgery. The
Pet-Temp® Instant Ear Thermometer works by measuring
the infrared heat waves emanating from a chinchilla's
eardrum region to provide an accurate body core
temperature in one second. We think you'll find this
instrument to be a useful addition to your "chinchilla
health care kit."
The Pet-Temp® is designed exclusively for use with
animals and we find it interesting that the inventor
owned pet chinchillas. Unlike ear thermometers
designed for humans, it has a small probe tip that
allows it to fit into small animal ear canals. It
uses inexpensive disposable lens covers (it comes
with a pack of 20) that insure accurate readings
and prevent the possible transmittion of infection.
By the way, thousands of vets use a professional
version (called the Vet-Temp®) which features more
rugged construction, but which uses the same senor
and has the same accuracy as the Pet-Temp®.
• Can also be used on dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, rabbits, guinea pigs, degus and ferrets.
• One second temperature measurement
• Clinically proven accurate (Measures in either a Fahrenheit or Celsius scale with an accuracy of +/- .3 degrees F.)
• Measures a "core" body temperature
• Less stressful than rectal thermometers